Maryland Camaro Club Forums
Win Kelley Chevrolet
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to sell 97 Camaro SS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:53 pm 
Member (non-voting)

Hello;
I am new to this forum so forgive me if I should be posting this somewhere else. I have a fully loaded black 1997 30th anniversary Camaro SS 350 6 speed. I am the original owner. If I did my homework correctly, GM did not make very many of these cars with these options. Maybe less than 10,000. The car looks very good, but the transmission is shot. I wanted to keep it and redo everything as I love this car. Unfortunately, I need to get rid of it. Can I still get a decent buck out of this or no? What do you Camaro experts think?
Thanks
Frank

Profile Send private message E-mail   

Post subject: Re: How to sell 97 Camaro SS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:19 am 
MCC Member (voting)
MCC Member (voting)

Hey Frank- Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, the market is kind of low on these cars right now. I have one also. I've seen these advertised anywhere from $9000 to $15,000. Everybody wants the LS1 cars, or so it seems. All '96 & '97 Camaro SS's started life at GM's Ste. Therese assembly plant in Canada as Z28's. From there they were shipped to SLP's facility and converted to the SS. I don't have the exact numbers at the moment, but just over 3,000 Camaro SS's were done in '97. Very rare indeed! Now is really NOT a good time to sell. If you can, I would wait for the market to come back up. Good Luck. Larry

Profile Send private message   

Post subject: Re: How to sell 97 Camaro SS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 am 
Member (non-voting)

LarryB248 wrote:
Hey Frank- Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, the market is kind of low on these cars right now. I have one also. I've seen these advertised anywhere from $9000 to $15,000. Everybody wants the LS1 cars, or so it seems. All '96 & '97 Camaro SS's started life at GM's Ste. Therese assembly plant in Canada as Z28's. From there they were shipped to SLP's facility and converted to the SS. I don't have the exact numbers at the moment, but just over 3,000 Camaro SS's were done in '97. Very rare indeed! Now is really NOT a good time to sell. If you can, I would wait for the market to come back up. Good Luck. Larry

Larry, your feedback is most welcome. The mechanic who had always worked on the car felt I could get maybe $1,500 for it. This puts the situation in a proper perspective, which is what I was looking for. Perhaps you spared me from making a very big mistake. Thanks!
FSD

Profile Send private message E-mail